Session 3 (2/27/2019): Digital Collections
- Identify and describe affordances and constraints of Omeka as a platform
- Link the conceptual process of exhibit development to the technical process of creating in Omeka
- Understand the building blocks of an Omeka project
- Build their confidence & self-efficacy as collaborators on Omeka projects
The workshop will consist of four hands-on exercises:
- Exercise 1: Critique an existing Omeka project
- Exercise 2: Describe sample exhibit items
- Exercise 3: Discuss collaborative roles of Omeka projects
- Slides for the session
- A resources document includes select readings, tutorials, and example Omeka projects.
- Alternatives to Omeka
This work is licensed by creators Chelcie Juliet Rowell, Sarah Melton, and Anna Kijas under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.